The demothugs (I say “demothugs” because they are abusing language in order to create a false caricature) and lefties have raced to make Arizona’s shooting of Rep. Gifford into a major political event in order to curb free speech and ban weapons, contrary to what our Constitution says.
We now have people calling for restrictions on “symbols” and “incendiary” language and calls to ban hi-cap clips, AGAIN.
A people who succumbs to this rhetoric and these knee-jerk reactions has truly lost their way intellectually and will soon lose their freedoms and liberties – something that myself and other commentators have warned Americans about for years.
Until now, too few heeded this warning and scoffed at our collective warnings as fantasy that wont come true, but here we are listening to Democrats calling for limits on free speech as predicted.
Dont believe me? Read the following and tell me I’m wrong:
Wake up my fellow Americans – there is an assault brewing on your liberties by the Democrats under color of law and under the pretense of “protecting you” from harm. Dont buy it – reject it and them – vote conservative.
“[A] wise and frugal government … shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.” –Thomas Jefferson
The more news I read, the more cynical and angry that I get as the “gushing” (i.e. constant & frequent) stories of scandal and mismanagement by the Obama Administration pass before my eyes each day. Democrats seem to think that their malfeasance with taxpayer money and their ongoing rush to expand government to create their socialist utopia is being ignored by The People of America, with only a so-called fringe of agitators continuing to remain critical of Obama and his merry band of utopian socialists.
Can we get any more Orwellian? I think the answer is “yes” – Obama’s Labor Chief thinks ILLEGALS have a right fair wages… my question is, why do leftists assume illegals have any rights at all in America?
Let me be clear about something. Obama and the Democrats are GROUP POLITICS THINKERS and PLANNERS. They dont care about any individual rights or suffering that YOU may be experiencing, so long as they “hope” that their constituent groups and body politick as a whole may or may not gain some benefit from their ideas, policies and choices.
These people bank on good intentions being enough to carry their agenda forward and insulate them from criticism, regardless of any consequences or failures in their ideas, policies and choices. This level of immaturity and blindness is stunning and should be deeply disturbing to The People who are (and will be) tormented by the Obama Administration and the Democrats through legislation, ongoing unemployment, confiscation of wealth, yet-to-be-experienced inflation, a troubled healthcare system and a myriad of other issues yet to be fully seen and felt.
And, I think the worst is yet to come and when it does, will American’s blame government intervention, utopian goals and the Democrats (including RINO’s Repubs) for what has happened? I sure hope so, because that is exactly where the blame will rest – on them.
Here are just a few of the latest headlines that indicate how badly Obama and Democrats are managing America’s business and indicate what Americans must suffer with in the years ahead until Obama and his fellow Democrats are removed from power:
– New Rules Could Make Your Current Healthcare Plan Lose Its Grandfathered Status, Thus Pushing You Into The Government Program Starting In 2013 (READ HERE) Didn’t Obama say, “If you like your current plan, you can keep it…?”
– The DISCLOSE ACT would make organizations (and individuals) subject to fines and other actions by the FEC for making political statements for or against candidates, issues and etc. (READ MORE HERE) So, what happened to free speech and why are Democrats so intent on curbing free speech, including protect UNIONS from this laws restrictions?
– Trouble For The Dollar: Russia Pushes For New Reserve Currency (READ HERE). More and more nations are seeing the weakness and vulnerability of the dollar due to high US debt and unbridled government spending that threatens to take America down the same troubled path the Euro and European Union are facing.
– Obama And His Cronies Want To Exert Absolute Control Over The Internet And Give Obama An Instant Shut-off Capability “Just In Case” Something Happens, Using Antiquated 1930s Laws Which Will Treat ISPs As “Utilities.” (READ HERE) This is a recipe for abuse and tyranny, folks.
– In A Day Of Spending Madness In Washington Accompanied By Massive Debt And Budget Deficits, Obama Is Spending $1.2 BILLION On Bike Paths And Walking Trails (READ HERE)
– Government Has Spread Like A Cancer, Making Things Worse Economically And Socially Around The World (READ HERE)
– New Jobless Claims Rise Sharply Even As Layoffs Persist (READ HERE)
– Rep. Barton Was Correct. Obama DID Shake Down BP For $20 BILLION, Jesse Jackson Style (READ HERE)
– Nevada Has The Highest Unemployment In The Nation At 14%, While Senator Harry Reid Continues To Make The Absurd Claim That He Is The Correct Choice For Voters Next November (READ HERE)
– Obama Is In Danger Of Becoming The Jimmy Carter Of The 21st Century Due To His Idealism And Pushing That Idealistic Agenda During Crisis Or Upset (READ HERE), Which Is Simply A Nice Way Of Saying Obama And Democrats Are Willing To Take Advantage Of Americans At Every Opportunity
– LESSON FOR AMERICA: Europe To Urge Exit From Spend-Happy Failing “Stimulus” Programs (READ HERE)
– BP Oil Spill: Obama & Lefts Latest Excuse To Keeping Pressing GloBULL Warming Agenda (READ HERE), despite growing body of evidence of drops in overall temperatures worldwide.
– The Danger Of Unions… Benefit Costs Break City, County, State and Federal Budgets (READ HERE)
– Obama’s 2010 Summer Of Endless Spending Is Now Upon Us (READ HERE)
– Greenspan Rightly Indicates America Will Soon Reach Its Borrowing Limit (READ HERE), So What Will Happen Then? Use Your Imagination & It Just Might Be Possible With Obama & His Band At The Helm….
– Get Ready For $7 A Gallon Gas If Obama Gets His Way (READ HERE), And No, Obama Does Not Care About The Pain It Will Cause You And This Nation… Same Goes For Pelosi, Reid And The Democrat Party… They Just Dont Care Because Its Ideology And Policy Over Consequences To Individuals
– The EPA Is Harming Border Security (READ HERE)
– Obama’s Census: Permanent Jobs From Temporary Jobs… Tricks To Fool The Public (READ HERE)
– The Biggest Bailout Yet: Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Bailout Could Cost $1 TRILLION (READ HERE)
– Democrat Congressman Assaults A Student (SEE IT HERE)
– Obama Refused Foreign Help For Cleaning Up The Gulf Oil Spill (or at least delayed acceptance until it was too late) (READ HERE)
– Obama Snubs Rule Of Law To Extort $20 BILLION From BP For “Gubmint Controlled” Fund (READ HERE)
– Myths About The So-Called Teacher Layoff Crisis… Another Fiction Perp’d By The Left (READ HERE)
The stream of bad news is staggering, folks. The consequences of this bad news and what it means for this Republic and our national future is also staggering if we do not elect the right people to fix what the Democrats have broken. Meanwhile, America forgets that FDR’s policies prolonged the Great Depression which brings me to my final point.
I have written on the underlying causes of our current economic malaise – the roots of which started with Jimmy Carter’s “Community Reinvestment Act” and was expanded under Clinton, ignored by the GOP in 2005/06, brushed aside by Dems in 2007 and completely ignored by the press since 2008. At the root of it all lies the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac debacle (link 1, link 2, link 3, link 4, link 5, link 6) which no one is talking about these days. All the while, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd said all was well with Fannie & Freddie, including the Democrats covering up the problems before Barney made a fool of himself (read here) even though they (GOP included) were warned about the issue by Bush since 2001.
The left wants America to blame Bush and the GOP for what has happened. Certainly the GOP shares blame, but the Democrats bear the largest share of the blame due to their defunct programs, corrupt policies and ongoing stonewalling to fix the underlying problems with Fannie and Freddie. To wit, I leave you with this quote:
“We’re not satisfied with everything we’ve done (in Congress). The way to cure that is to give us more authority (power) and more ability (ignore the rule of law & common sense).” — Rep. Barney Frank (D)
We are in trouble, folks – vote next November and kick the bums out in favor of candidates who will uphold the rule of law and honor our Constitution.
See you on the battlefield.
A lesson for America is being played out in the European Union (EU) with regards to government debt and freedom that could lead to a repeat of the 1930’s and the rise of Hitler and the resulting spread of death and war eventually overtook Europe in that era. Is this scenario an overstatement or simply rhetorical hyperbole designed to catch the attention of readers? Perhaps, yes to a certain degree but largely no.
The real call to action for America is about prevention and prompt action lest we too face the same harsh choices (aka “austerity measures”) and threats of social upheaval that Greece, Spain, Germany and Portugal are now confronting.
Are America’s Democrats even aware of these European developments as we witness ever more spending measures being offered by President Obama to tackle unemployment benefits spending, state and local government debt and the soaring costs of the Gulf cleanup and other issues sure to be brought up in the near future? Britain and Canada will soon face the same choices as the European Union member states – cut spending or go into national bankruptcy. This is what happens when citizens become too dependent upon a bloated, do-gooder, nanny-state government that has centralized power and decisions into its political matrix and citizen psyche.
This is what America faces if we do not act quickly to shut off government spending and bring American government back to the limited role that is called for in the Constitution, a role that worked well for America until “progressives” decided that social justice and “programs” to prop up their union and poorer constituencies were more important.
Will the 47% of Americans who pay no income taxes wake up to what is happening or will they continue to slumber and demand their pound of flesh from “The People” who do pay taxes? Eventually, everyone will pay and they will pay big in ways that they scarcely can consider now – tax hikes, higher costs (i.e. inflation) for gas, goods, services and essentials such as food and clothing.
If we continue to ignore the looming storm, America faces a very dark and daunting future that may well include a Hitler Redux (at home or overseas somewhere) if some dictator rises up and points their populace towards some villain whom they can conveniently blame for their troubles. This is how tyrants come to power. They, like our leftist office holders in Washington, simply pick out some faction of society to villify and demonize in order to keep attention off of leaders who are ensuring that America faces harsh uncertain times. Is this intentional? I do not know. But, it is a very likely scenario and it becomes even more so with each new tax hike, new program and new bailout that Democrats can dream up.
See you on the battlefield.
This stinks of corruption like no other scheme by the Dems and Unions that I’ve seen – this should be a wake up call to all Americans that Unions (all of them) are extensions of the Democrat Party and that they should not be allowed to engage in politics as they have been.
Watch this development folks! Call your representatives!
Today, we learn that Democrats slipped in a stealth provision in the ObamaCare bill that creates mountains of paperwork and new rules for individuals and businesses by expanding the use of 1099 forms. This covers even Paypal and credit card transactions now – so, get ready to have yet more forms and hassles at tax time.
America could save billions upon billions by getting rid of all these forms and applying a flat tax to everyone, or eliminate the income tax and go to a national sales tax. The IRS alone consumes billions just to run it the way our tax schemes run now.
Personally, I favor a flat income tax with certain personal exemptions plus a minimum 2% income tax paid by everyone for the first $35k to $50k per year, then a few exemptions for healthcare and interest payments paid on the primary residence, for instance.
See you on the battlefield.